Goddess What?!?

on Thursday, January 17, 2008

Last Wednesday I attended my first ever "Athena's Goddess Party". For those of you who don't know what that is, let me clear it up. It's a sex toy party. That's right...freaky deaky, get down and dirty, throw all your inhibitions out the window, sex toy party. Sounds fun, right? Well, try going to one of these parties with virtual strangers. A little awkward, huh? Here's the back story...the party was thrown by two of John's co-workers at Century 21. I've met one of them before, but I would call her an acquaintance at best. The other I've never met before. So, I essentially knew nobody. But, it was important to John that I go so that I could get to know his co-workers better, so I RSVP'd and headed off into the unknown. I really didn't know what to expect (and I was kind of dreading it all week leading up to the party), but I actually had fun, although I'm sure the glass of wine and 3 jello shots helped with that! The "Goddess", which is just Athena's version of a party hostess, eased us into the fun with rather harmless products...lotions, massage oils, even an after-shave cream (called Coochy...the Goddess swears it was named that as a play on the name "Gucci"...yeah right!). Then things got a little racier, and then a little racier, and then even racier. After a demonstration of the "Little Tongue"(a freakishly realistic replica of a human tongue), the "Passion Wave" (use your imagination!), and the "Ruby Ring" (another one for the imagination), there was no room for shyness. By the end of the night, there were very few secrets in the room :-) After all was said and done, I am really glad that I went. In addition to having a fun night, I got to know John's co-workers better (a lot better in some respects - ha!) which made my hubby very happy, I got to have a new experience that was totally out of my element, and, well...I think maybe I've shared enough. A true lady doesn't kiss and tell ;-)