Painted Lady

on Monday, August 18, 2008

Just a word of advice…if anyone ever asks you to help paint their house, SAY NO!

I spent this past weekend helping my dear mother paint her house. It’s something she’s wanted to do for a long time, and with her recent break up, I thought it might be a good way to help lift her spirits and make her feel a little more in control of her life. Plus, the house really needed it. So, we spent the entire weekend prepping, priming and painting.

I seriously underestimated how difficult it would be. I am not exactly sure how we pulled it off, but we got it done!!! It truly is a miracle that we finished. And, the best part of it all…it looks fantastic! My mom is thrilled about it all, which makes all the hard work worth it. I’m exhausted, sore, bruised, bug bitten, sunburned, anbd covered in paint, but I don’t even care. The satisfaction I feel from completing such a monumental task and making my mom so happy far outweighs the physical ailments I am feeling today.

But, alas, there is no rest for the weary… I have so much to do to make up for my lost weekend. I need to grocery shop, do laundry, clean, study, run errands, and get ready for our trip to Maine next weekend. This week is going to be crazy busy and very exhausting. But I guess that’s life!

Today I am thankful for my family…my mother, my brother and my husband (and me!) make an incredible team. I love them so dearly and I am in awe of how amazing they are.