Happy Half Birthday to Me!!!

on Tuesday, February 3, 2009

That's right...I am officially at the half way point between 27 and 28 today. And the significance of this is? Well, not much. But, I always remember that February 3rd is my half birthday from way back in the day when I was 16 and just counting down the days until I turned 16 1/2 and could get my license. So, there it is...I'm 27 and a half :-)

Other than that, I don't have a whole lot to talk about so I'll just recap some of my random thoughts...

  • CT scan is set for next Wednesday. Let's all pray that it goes smoothly and doesn't reveal any problems other than the deviated septum that we already know about.

  • I watched the movie "The Women" this weekend and I actually kind of liked it. I rented it because (a) J was on an ice fishing trip with his father, so I got the rare opportunity to watch a "chick flick", and (b) supposedly my friend Sarah was in the movie as an extra in a restaurant scene (I was never able to spot her...boo). But, alas, I liked the movie.

  • J and I made plans to go bowling with my dad and sister this past Sunday. When we walked into the bowling alley and over to the lane where my dad and sister were waiting for us, guess who was on the lane next to us? My mom and brother! Totally coincidence and completely unexpected. And a little surreal for me. Very fun though!

  • My renewed commitment to working out (for like the millionth time) has resulted in a VERY sore back. I guess at least I know it's working!

  • I am embarrassed to admit it, but I am so hooked on "The Bachelor" this season! It's down to the final four ladies, and I can't wait to find out who he picks. Go Melissa! And, not just because we share the same fabulous name, but because she is the coolest by far. I was sad to see Stephanie go last night, but was glad to see that she stayed as classy as ever through the goodbye.

  • Finally, J and I are about to celebrate our 8th dating anniversary! Although we now have a wedding anniversary, and that day is spectacularly more meaningful as it was the day that we became man and wife and joined our lives together forever, our dating anniversary will always hold a special place in my heart.
Have a great week everyone! I'll be seeing you around the blog soon! In case you haven't noticed, I've been trying to include more pictures in my posts lately, and since I don't really have one that goes with this post, I figured I'd just include one that I like. Enjoy!


This is us after a night out in Vegas. Such a fun trip! The necklace that I am wearing was a gift that J gave me that night just because :-) I love this picture because it captures the real "us"...silly and fun loving!

Today I am thankful for finding my wallet! I was a nervous wreck when I though it was lost today and I will certainly be more careful with it going forward. Eek!