All My Single Ladies...Now Get Your Hands Up!

on Friday, March 13, 2009

I am single!!! Just for the weekend, though :-) My beloved Husband is in sunny, warm Orlando, Florida at a real estate seminar and I am home with my puppy-love in chilly New England. Not fair! I considered going with him, but finding dog care would have been difficult (normally my in-laws would watch her for us, but my mother-in-law had surgery this week so they couldn't, my mom is in the midst of home renovations and her house is a zoo (poor Bail would probably have a heart attack in that chaos!), and my dad can't because he has inherited my sister's dog, who unfortunately does not like other dogs). Plus, we'll probably be going to Florida a lot once the condo closes (which will hopefully be within the next month!). I am hoping it closes by May, so we can have a little getaway for our anniversary on May 6th. Can you believe it's already been 3 years?!? The best 3 years a girl could ask for!

So, I am home while he is off learning and networking. And as much as I already miss him, it's not all bad. I do like to have some alone time once in a while. And, I have a very fun weekend planned...including yoga, signing my taxes so we can get our refund (starting a business certainly has it's advantages come tax time!), some hiking with Bailey, going to a sugar house (fresh maple syrup...yum!), and going to see a psychic medium with some girlfriends and my mom...

I know this probably sounds silly, but I really think that I am going to connect with my grandparents at the event...I had a dream about them last night! I do dream about them from time to time, but usually my dreams involve one or the other, but not both. Last night I dreamed about them both! I didn't actually see them in my dream, but I sensed their presence. I was up at their house (which is now my mom's house) and it looked like it used to when they were alive (my mom has changed it significantly). I was waiting there for them to come home from going out to breakfast (something that they used to do all the time). They were going to watch Bailey for me, but I didn't want to leave her there until they got home because my mom's dogs were there and I was nervous about leaving them all together unsupervised. It was a very simple, very realistic and very comforting dream. But, I digress...

In addition to all this planned fun, I am hoping that my new books from Amazon arrive today so I can do some reading this weekend. I am absolutely obsessed with the Twilight series (who isn't these days?), and I've already devoured the first two books (550 pages each) in the past two weeks! I've got the second two books on order, plus the second installment of the Sookie Stackhouse novels (the books that the HBO series "True Blood" is based on). I read the first book of the series after watching the first season of the show (which is fantastic, btw. I highly recommend it!). The show was MUCH better than the book (such a rarity!), but I figured I'd give the next book in the series a chance since I love the show so much. Who knew I had such a thing for vampires :-)

So, that's the update from moi! Hope you all have a great weekend...I know I will!

Today I am thankful for the sun! After days of gloom, I think it may be a decent weekend after all! And, only one week until the official start of spring! ONE WEEK!!!!