Two-fer

on Friday, March 6, 2009

It's been a while, huh? Life has been busy, and unfortunately when life gets busy, the blog suffers.

Work is busy, and it's a scary time here. Layoffs are happening, and although I don't think I have anything to worry about, it's unsettling nonetheless.

On a much brighter note, although it's a gray day, it's...dare I say it...almost warm. 50's feels pretty tropical right now. And, it's going to be a...dare I say it...warm weekend. And, a fun one to boot. Tonight, J and I are taking his parents and my dad out for dinner and then going to see comedian Louis CK. I LOVE comedy and I'm really looking forward to some serious laughing. And, I'm totally pumped because we have AWESOME seats. Then, tomorrow I am going for a "girl's night out" to see the X-Rated Hypnotist. It is sure to be another fun and funny night for sure.

And, since it's been a while, I figured I'd give you two for the price of one. This list is a list of random thoughts that I've been compiling over the past few weeks, but haven't had a chance to post. I think it's representative of the randomness and quirkiness that is me.

Truths and Other Random Thoughts from Melissa:

  • People that use shopping carts in CVS are always a pain in the arse. And they always ask for "rain checks".
  • Everyone I know has a long lost twin that works at my company. It's very bizarre, but I'll be sure to tell your brother or sister hello for you :-)
  • Apparently a BMW is a "bimmer", not a "beamer". Beamers are motorcycles.
  • I have worked with with people named Tony Almeida and Michael Scott. True Story.
  • 99.9% of old men that wear hats drive slowly. I was behind one of them today...grrr.
  • I am yet to meet a car salesman or go to a car dealership that has any concept of what customer service is. Is it in their DNA or something?
  • Speaking of cars, my new baby is superbly fabulous and magnificent. Simply put...it's the hotness.
  • I am going to see a psychic medium in a few weeks. As silly as it may sound to some, I believe in all that "paranormal stuff".

Happy March!

Today I am thankful my job. A very simple, yet very complex, thing to be thankful for. So many people have lost their jobs recently and my heart truly goes out to them.