We're Back!

on Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!  J and I are back from our vacation and getting back into the swing of things.  Now for a very quick recap in between checking dozens of emails and running to meetings...
  • We had a fabulous, albeit extremely busy, Christmas.  We spent time with our wonderful families and had a great time exchanging gifts and catching up.  My favorite gifts this year are definitely my new camera (duh!) and my awesome flip video recorder.  I also got a photo printer, so now I can print off all the photos I've been taking.  I can't wait for my first photography class to start next month (yes, folks, I am taking more than one!). 
  • We left at 10:30 PM on Christmas night for Florida (driving) and arrived in Sarasota at 10:30 PM Saturday night.  Whew...what a long drive!  We spent 4 days in Sarasota and 2 days in Key West before flying home this past Saturday.  It was a wonderful trip and a crazy trip home, but I will fill you in on all the details in another post with pictures (whenever I get around to uploading them).
  • We also wrapped up the bathroom reno last night.  We worked non-stop since getting home Saturday afternoon and finished it up around 6:00 PM last night.  It looks sooooo good.  I will be sure to share pics of this as well.
So, now that all of the craziness of the holidays/vacation/renovation is behind us, J and I are now focused on this new year, new decade before us.  We are both very excited for this new year and are relishing in the feeling of renewal that the new year brings.  I always try to enter the new year with a sense of optimism and positivity, but I need to this year more than ever.  As I've alluded to in previous posts, 2009 was a particularly challenging year for me, and I know that it was very challenging for many others as well.  It is time for us all to let go of the negativity from the past and pour our energy into creating a positive 2010, so that's exactly what I am doing!  I am wishing for myself, my family, my friends and everyone else out there to have a fantastic 2010.  May this year bring us everything we are hoping for!