Hello Old Friend!

on Friday, February 22, 2008

I haven't been good about updating my blog lately. Not because I have nothing to write about or because I haven't had time, but rather because I just haven't felt like it. It's not a matter of being lazy...believe me I have been anything but...but I just plain old haven't felt like writing. Maybe it's the cold, dreary winter that seems as though it will never end (another 6" to 10" of snow today...ugh!!!), or perhaps it's how busy I've been both at work and at home the past few weeks, but whatever the cause, the blogging has been on hiatus. So here I am today to kick start the blogging action again.

A quick synopsis of the past few weeks...John and I have both been extremely busy at work, especially John. He is such a hard worker and now that he is working for himself he is 100 times more dedicated to his work. I've been seeing him a little less than normal these days, but every time that fact starts to make me sad he reminds me that he is doing this for us. For our future. So that we can comfortably live the life that we want for ourselves and our future family. And I know that it is all worth it. So, for now, my time away from John will be poured into myself...working out, studying for my personal trainer certification, spending lots of time with my wonderful Bailey, watching my DVR'd girlie shows that John hates, and just enjoying some alone time that I get very rarely these days.

Other than that, things have been fairly quiet. We had a wonderful Valentine's/Anniversary dinner at Wiggins Tavern in the historic and beautiful Hotel Northampton. John made reservations for us there weeks ago but kept it a secret from me. It was such a wonderful surprise because we have never been there before. We love going out to dinner and have visited nearly every restaurant in Northampton at one point or another, but we've somehow never been to Wiggins, so it was great to finally check it out. Our dinners were delicious too! I do have a picture of us from that night (our 7 year dating anniversary!), but have yet to upload it to my laptop.

And speaking of the Hotel Northampton, we will be back there in just a couple of weeks. The Century 21 "Gold Ball" is being held there on March 8th, so we will be dressing up in our finest yet again to enjoy an elegant night out with John's colleagues. I think it's kind of funny...neither of us have ever been to a ball before this year and this will be our second in just one month. Don't get me wrong...I'm not complaining. In fact, it's quite the opposite. I love, love, love getting dressed up and going to a fancy occasion. And I love to meet new people and socialize and do new things, so keep the balls coming!!! HA!

We also have a trip to Boston planned in a couple of weeks to visit friends. This trip is LONG overdue! Not only do we miss our friends and want to see them, but we miss our city! Our home sweet home not so long ago. We definitely do not visit as much as we should (especially considering it is only an hour and a half car ride). Part of it is the cost of visiting (anyone who knows Boston knows how expensive a night out on the town is, let alone a whole weekend), and part of it is finding a place to stay (which also involves finding a dog sitter). But mostly it is due to the fact that it is just hard to get away for a weekend with our busy lives. We really should be better about making the time for ourselves and for our friends. So, to Beantown it is! We'll be squeezing in visits with several different friends, and although it will no doubt be hectic, it will be so worth it and so much fun!

Well, on that note, I'd better wrap this up and get back to work. It's a snowy mess outside and I'd like to get this weekend started early :-)