Updates Galore!

on Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Whew! It's been a crazy few days in Melissaville. I woke up on Friday with a very sore throat. Not good! I haven't been sick once all winter, not even a sniffle. I was so hoping to make it through these gloomy months unscathed, but alas, I was not so fortunate.

After leaving work at noon on Friday (although I did work all afternoon from home...I heart remote connection!), I began to feel a little better, so John and I ventured over to Crystal and Marty's house for "game night". There was a group of about 15 there and we played "Pictionary" and (after a few too many cocktails) "Charades". It was a little sloppy and a lot of fun. But, sadly, I think my carelessness (a.k.a., wine, champagne, and some Smirnoff Raspberry drinks) came back to bite me in the arse.

Saturday I was not feeling so hot, but I did muster up enough energy to try another new "Turbo Jam" video. After sweating it out for an hour or so, I had to get ready for the Century 21 Gold Ball at the Hotel Northampton. The ball was nice...good food and drinks and very good company. John's colleagues are so nice and so welcoming...truly a great group of people. We both were feeling a little tired and under the weather, so we attempted to make it an early night. But, my dearest darling husband locked his keys in his truck! Left 'em right in the ignition. Can you even believe it! And, to make matters worse, just last week, AAA called him to see if he wanted to renew his membership and he said NO! Thankfully one of John's colleagues who does have an active AAA membership was kind enough to call on our behalf and get someone to come open the truck. We had to wait over an hour for someone to show, but that sure beat John breaking his window (which he actually suggested he do...seriously why do men think like this?).

Sunday morning I felt pretty darn good! We slept in, went out for a mighty delicious brunch, went grocery shopping, and then went to the movies to see "Fool's Gold" (where we pigged out on all sorts of yummy, fattening movie snacks). I actually liked the movie...I thought it was very cute and I sure didn't mind looking at a shirtless Matthew McConaughey for 2 hours. But after getting home that evening, the sickness hit me like a ton of bricks! Runny nose, cough, fever, body aches. Yuck! I had to stay home sick from work on Monday on account of my feeling so poorly. I slept most of the day and did absolutely nothing. I barely moved from the couch all day. It definitely paid off, though, because I felt a million times better yesterday, and I feel even better today (except for the muscle in my neck that I pulled trying to itch my own back in the middle of the night). Hopefully I'll be 100% before my trip to Boston this weekend. Fingers crossed!!!

And on a final note, there may be some developments of the job/career front for me. I won't say too much right now, so as not to jinx myself, but this could be something great!