Birthday Bonanza

on Monday, March 3, 2008

Apparently our parent's generation was really bored about 27 years and 9 months ago, because it seems like everyone we know has had a birthday within the past couple of weeks. We've been out to celebrate two birthdays in the past two weeks alone.


First was Dave. For Dave's 27th birthday, we went to dinner at Mama Iguana's in Northampton (mmmmm...burritos!) and then followed that up with some bowling (which of course I did not object to). Here are some pics from the night:


Dave behind the bar using some special vibrating Guinness pouring contraption!

Me participating in one of my favorite hobbies...bowling!


It's a little tough to see, but Dave only got a 59! We're still picking on him for it!

This past weekend it was Steph's turn. We celebrated her 27th birthday by going out to dinner at Osaka in Northampton. I was really excited to go there because I had heard great things about it, but it was a total disappointment. We didn't get seated until nearly an hour after our reservation (granted there were 13 of us and I can understand that it might be a little hard to accommodate that many people), our service was so super slow, the portions were really small and the food was not that great (the soup was very fishy tasting - and there was no fish in it, the edamame was so salty is was almost inedible, and they didn't even serve noodles with your meal - you had to order it as a side, and of course, pay extra for it). I might be willing to go back to try their sushi (which I've heard is very good), but never their hibachi. I'd much rather go to Goten or K's for hibachi. I'm sure, however, that if I do go back, it will be without John because, after that experience, he refuses to go back. Other than the poor service and food, the night was fun. Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure:

At Steph's house before dinner (notice how pale I am compared to everyone else...gosh I need a tan!)



Me and the hubby before dinner (and lots of Saki!)

Steph and her boyfriend Andy

Our dinner being prepared...always fun to watch!

John's response to the service and food!!!

And finally, as previously promised, here is a picture of John and I on our 7th anniversary. Awwww!