Blame it on the rain

on Friday, September 26, 2008

This morning I had an 8:00 am meeting, so I was headed to work a little earlier than usual. Not a huge deal...the only drawback being that traffic is much heavier at that time then when I normally come. Well, when I merged onto I-91 this morning (at one of the most dangerous sections of the highway, btw) you'll never believe what happened. My windshield wipers stopped working. Just stopped. Right in the middle of the windshield. As it was pouring outside...the start of 2+ days of pouring rain. I seriously thought I was going to die. I could not see a thing and I was right in the middle of rush hour traffic on a stretch of highway with no exits surrounded by other commuters and numerous 18-wheelers. Truly terrifying. As you can tell, I made it to work in one piece, but I was less than thrilled to say the least.

Long story short, my car's been towed to the dealership to be fixed and my hubby has to come pick me up. I guess the bright side is that I get to leave work a little early for it.

TGIF.