Too Much Stress!!!

on Monday, September 29, 2008

I am feeling so much better! I think I had a mini-meltdown on Friday, but thankfully I took full advantage of this weekend to recover. See, the thing is that I really don’t get stressed out about much. I can manage a lot at once and I usually let most things just roll off my shoulders. On rare occasions, it gets to be too much for me to handle and I lose it. Friday was one of those days…the culmination of days of stress when I reached my breaking point. What’s caused all this stress? Work is insanely busy with a lot of pressure to deliver and a lot of eyes on me. Mom’s been back and forth with the dreaded ex. Then there was the whole windshield wiper stopping on the highway in the middle of a storm incident. And, to top it off, John and I found out that we are going to have our 2nd long-term house guest in just one year…my sister Ashley. On top of all that, the allergies from hell have been making me miserable. Seriously cannot breathe. And, for some strange reason, I was exhausted all last week.

All of this just got to me on Friday. I was on the brink of tears all day while I was at work. I got nothing productive done and I had to reschedule two meetings. Since I had to have my car towed, John picked me up from work at 2 PM. We went home and I immediately changed into my pajamas and hit the couch, where I proceeded to take a 3 hour nap! I really needed it though. I felt a million times better when I woke up. Then, after a great night sleep Friday night, I was ready to tackle my stress.

I started Saturday with a killer class at the gym – the “Saturday Sampler” – an intense mix of step, kickboxing, floor aerobics and weight training. I then went home where I cleaned the entire house and got showered and ready for the rest of the day. We then went to pick up my fixed car (which I also got an oil and filter change while it was in the shop - kill two birds with one stone and check one more thing off my to-do list) and headed to the mall to beef up John’s fall wardrobe. Amazingly, I didn’t buy one thing for myself! After that, we went for a few games of bowling…my faves! We then returned home to our dinner ready for us…I had set the crock pot and bread maker before we left for the afternoon…so yummy. We spent the evening cleaning out and combining our closets, and then we had a few cocktails while we played pool and darts in our basement. Really fun and relaxing.

On Sunday, we slept in and then went for brunch at our favorite spot. After that, we headed up to my Dad’s to pick up his key to our house to give to my sis and then we went to my mom’s to drop off all the old clothes I was getting rid of. We spent the rest of the day at home just relaxing and enjoying each other’s company. It was just what I needed.

Because of this fabulous weekend, I woke up this morning ready to face all the stress that I left behind on Friday. I had a great workout at the gym, took Ms. Bailey for a nice walk, finished preparing the guest room for Ashley’s arrival this afternoon, and got ready for work…and all of this before 7:30 AM! I also forgot to mention that I revamped my allergy remedy this weekend…as of yesterday, I am back on the stronger Claritin and using saline spray to supplement. I cannot even put into words how much better I am feeling already. It’s like night and day. I’m so glad that I finally figured out the remedy that works for me!

So, here I am, finishing up my personal business for the morning and ready to tackle my overwhelming to-do list. I am determined to have an incredibly productive day and get my business in order. Cheers to a fabulous Monday!