Good Melis Versus Bad Melis

on Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lately, my mornings begin with the alarm going off at 5:45 am, followed by hitting the snooze button at least 3 times once, and then the follow exchange usually occurs:

Good Melis: Melissa, get up and work out. It's so important for your health and you will be so happy you did.

Bad Melis: You are so comfortable in bed snuggling up with your hubby. The gym is cold and working out is hard. Stay here.

Good Melis: You know you will regret it if you don't work out. I know it's tough to get up, but you will thank me if you do.

Bad Melis: Just stay in bed a little while longer. You can just work out after work (which, btw, rarely ever happens, yet somehow Bad Melis convinces me that it will).

Good Melis: This is getting really old. Either get up or don't...just make a decision.

Bad Melis: She's right...well, at least half right. Don't get up. Sleep a little longer.

Good Melis: You're hopeless.

I used to get up without any trouble to work out in the mornings...okay, some trouble, but at least I got up and did it. Why is it so hard these days? I KNOW that getting in a good workout in the morning makes me feel amazing (like today!), so why can't I do it everyday? This is just one of the eternal mysteries of my life that I don't think will ever be solved.