Twenty Eight is GREAT!

on Monday, August 3, 2009

OK, OK, so technically I'm only a few hours in, and I am at work today (although obviously not working that hard, hence the blogging), but this birthday has rocked! 

 

The celebrations all started on Friday night when I came home to dinner and wine courtesy of my one and only.  There was also a little teaser set out on my plate…a note that told me we would be enjoying relaxation, Mexican drinks and entertainment on Sunday in Hartford.  No other clues were given.  He is just so great at planning these little surprises for me, and he never disappoints!

 

Saturday began with bike shopping with my mom.  I have wanted a new bike FOREVER but have delayed getting one for various reasons.  After testing a few out, I fell in love with one and the rest is history!  I took it out for its inaugural ride that afternoon with John and my Dad, but only after having ice cream cake at my Mom's house to celebrate both my and my brother's birthdays!  Our birthday's are only 3 days apart (his July 31st and mine August 3rd)…well, technically 8 years and 362 days, but who's counting!  So, if you've been able to follow this…bike shopping, cake at Mom's, bike riding with Dad.  Then, Dad, Johnny and I walked to downtown Northampton from my Dad's and had lunch at "Teapot", a place that none of us had ever been.  I have vegetarian sushi and peach green tea.  Super delish!  We finally headed back to Westfield and went to hang poolside at our friend Sean's house.  All in all, a great day, but nothing compared to my Sunday!

 

I woke up super excited for my surprise Sunday morning and was eager to see what my hubby had in store for me.  We began our day with an hour-long couples massage, followed by brunch and drinks at Agave in downtown Hartford, followed by tickets to a very funny, creative and entertaining play called "Speech and Debate."  So, how did hubby do?

 

Do I love massages?  Heck Yeah. 

Do I love going out to brunch?  You bet. 

Do I love Mexican Drinks? Si Senor. 

Do I love going to the theater and seeing new and interesting shows?  Give my regards to Broadway!

 

Not only did he hit it out of the park, he hit a grand slam!  My God, I love that man!

 

Today it is back to reality (work and the usual chores), but I am still on cloud 9 after such a great weekend of celebration and I am reminded of just how thankful I am to have such wonderful, thoughtful, generous, loving people in my life.  It's truly amazing and I am continually blown away by how lucky I am.