Back to Basics

on Saturday, May 10, 2008

I began this blog because I wanted to be able to express to myself and my deepest thoughts so that I may truly connect with myself and eventually better define who I am. I planned to use this "journal" to document and help me remember all of the changes taking place in my life right now so that I may be grateful for them. At first, I wasn't even sure if I would share my blog with anyone. Although I am not shy, I consider myself a private person when it comes to certain things. I like to reserve some things just for me. After giving it a lot of thought, I eventually got the courage to expose my personal thoughts and shared my blog, although still only with a few special individuals that I feel I can truly trust. To be honest, however, I don't feel like I ever really posted about things that achieve my original intended objective. Sure, I've posted about things that I've done and the happenings of my day to day life, which is fine and all, but I've never really been introspective. So, I've decided to "re-launch" my blog to get back to my basic original purpose...self discovery and self reflection. I believe, more now than ever, that I should constantly be working to challenge myself and to better myself and I can only do so by evaluating my current self and setting goals to become a better self, and eventually, my best self. So, in addition to writing about my daily happenings and such (which I do find important and valuable), I also plan to attack all of the other issues and thoughts that cross my mind, however big or small, important or mundane . I plan to be honest, open, and uninhibited. I plan to seek betterment through learning and growing from my own thoughts and experiences. So, once again, here it goes...