Get Over It!

on Friday, June 13, 2008

I'm feeling a little disgusted with my ex-boyfriend right now.

I haven't spoken to him in over 2 and a half years, and we broke up nearly 8 years ago. That's right, eight. It's ANCIENT history. A past life. I know that the break-up was really hard on him, and I've always felt terrible about that because the last thing I ever wanted to do was hurt him, but I couldn't just stay with him to make him happy. I was not in love with him anymore. I did not see a future for us together. It was a terribly difficult thing to do, and I probably should have done it months before I did, but it had to be done. He's a great guy who deserves all the happiness in the world. He just wasn't the right one for me.

I thought that we were on at least semi-decent terms. It took a while, but eventually we were able to talk (and by talk, I mean email) on friendly terms. What have you been doing? How's your family? Blah, blah, blah. I know that he's always hated the fact that I am with John...he's always blamed John for our break-up, even though John had absolutely nothing to do with it...but he at least faked being nice to me about it. So, about two and a half years ago, he found out I was engaged. I got this sappy email from him about how happy he was for me and that he wished me nothing but the best. I actually thought it was true. But, not so much...I haven't heard from him since.

Now, I am being complete ignored by him. I found his high school class ring and some old photos of him and his friends in my mom's storage space that we cleaned out a few weeks ago (see post below). I've emailed and sent him a message on myspace to find out if he wanted these things and I've received no response. Not a word. What a lame-o. I've tried to be nice and give him these things that I thought he might like, but apparently he feels like completely ignoring my attempts to return his things to him is the best course of action. Whatever.

So, I am seriously thinking of taking my husband's advise and selling my ex's ring for some extra cash. Maybe I'll buy my husband a present with it. I bet the ex would LOVE that.