Guilty Confession

on Monday, June 9, 2008

I have a confession to make, and I'm not proud of it.

Yesterday, I mowed my lawn for the first time. How bad is that? I have owned my home since March of 2006, and yesterday was the first time I mowed. John has been master of that domain and I admit that I haven't been too much help. Sure, I've helped with other landscaping chores, including trimming the multitudes of bushes in our yard, raking leaves in the fall and putting down rocks in the bushes around the house. And, I planted flowers in the planter outside our front door (once, last year). But, John truly does the majority of the outdoor work. He doesn't seem to mind it too much, and he rarely asks for help, but I really should be doing a little more. So, in my efforts to do so, I got the lengthy lesson in how to operate our riding lawn mower (which, by the way, was a wedding gift from my father) and off I went. I think I did a pretty good job for my first time. Aside from taking twice as long as John normally does and running over one of Bailey's tennis balls, I think it came out pretty darn good! John did take over at the very end to get it finished, because a rain storm was quickly moving in our direction, but yesterday I mastered mowing!

I only have one complaint...I have bug bites on my legs now! I am so itchy today!!! Next time I will be sure to wear my bug repellent. And maybe wear pants and shoes, versus the shorts and flip flops I donned yesterday. I know, I know...not the best lawn mowing attire, but in my defense, it was 95 degrees out!