Work Shmurk

on Friday, June 27, 2008

I have absolutely no motivation to work today and I have no idea why. I love my new job (not so new anymore, I guess) and everyday I love the challenge of tackling my ever-growing "to do list" (yes, I actually keep a list) and accomplishing as much as possible. I love the way I feel after having a productive day and strive each day to be more productive than the last. But, for some crazy reason, today is a different story. I cannot bring myself to do anything. I just don't want to work...period. So, to eat up some of the time left in the work day, I will blog!

Some random thoughts because it's a random day...

My dear friend and old college roomie, Elaine, is getting married tomorrow! John and I are both really excited for the wedding because we love weddings and we love Nick and Elaine, so the two together is double the fun! I am also excited to get to see and spend some quality time with some of my other friends from college who will also be attending. And, as if the day couldn't get any better...I've got the most fabulous dress to wear ;-) Can't wait!

I am also looking forward to tomorrow because...drum roll please...John is finally getting the stitches out of his thumb. Back on Friday the 13th (go figure), John sliced his thumb open and had to go to the emergency room and get 7 stitches! I've had to re-bandage this thumb almost everyday for the last two weeks, which is no easy feat due to the fact that John is so particular that if his thumb was not wrapped exactly right, he'd take off the bandages and make me start over. My mom is going to take the stitches out when we drop Bailey off at her house tomorrow (she is dog sitting while we are away). Having a skilled nurse in the family is very handy :-)

I am so excited for next Thursday when we will hold our 3rd annual July 4th BBQ! Our city holds their Independence Day celebration each year on July 3rd at the park in our neighborhood, so each year we have friends and family over for good food, drinks and games, and then we all walk to the park to watch the fireworks! I love traditions, and this is one of the first that we started after getting married. This year we are planning to have a ladder ball tournament, complete with an entrance fee and brackets and refs! John and I are extremely competitive and I think we've got a good chance of taking all the glory!!!

Last week I finally did something that I've been wanting to do for a long time...I got a library card! I checked out 3 books and have already finished one and am almost through another. I love to read and I'm so excited to finally be doing more of it. For all you blog readers out there...I need book recommendations!!!

OK, OK...I've wasted enough time. I suppose I should try to do something productive for the next 30 minutes (when I plan to run out the door as fast as I can!!!).

Happy Friday!