Celebrate Your Independecnce!

on Friday, July 3, 2009

I am! The celebration kicks off today with our annual 3rd of July party! Our city holds it's fireworks on the 3rd every year, and since we live within walking distance of the park at which they are held, we host a BBQ before the festivities every year (this is the 4th year!). The weather forecast for this afternoon/evening is iffy, so I am hoping and praying that it passes by us and the party can go on without any problems. We are expecting 30+ people, so if it rains we'll be in big trouble :-(

I am off from work until Wednesday (yes, that is 5 glorious days off people!), so I am hoping to do some serious relaxing and have some fun. I hope to get out and enjoy nature, get some reading in (I just checked out a new book from the library this week...The Story of Edgar Sawtelle) and maybe even hit the beach if the crazy New England weather cooperates. Either way, I know it will be great. 5 days off from work with my hubby is always a good thing :-)

I have a million and one things to do today to prep for our party (way to leave it to last minute, Melis) so I'd better get started with my to-do list:

  • Walk Bailey
  • Work out
  • Grocery shop for party food
  • Fill the propane tank
  • Hit up the liquor store for adult beverages for the party
  • Go to Walmart for party supplies (paper plates, cups, table cloths, etc...)
  • Clean the house
  • Set up for the party
  • Bake cookies (per J's request)

I hope everyone has a fun, fabulous and SAFE holiday! Happy 4th!!!