Visits Galore!

on Monday, May 4, 2009

Howdy friends! How was your weekend? Ours was filled with visits, visits and more visits.

We began Friday night with our friends Sean and Lindsay coming over for pizza, beers (well, beers for them and wine for me) and hockey. Go Bruins! Hubby can't contain his excitement for Boston sports this year. As cute as it is, I am a little sports-ed out :-)

Saturday involved some shopping and more visits with friends. I hit up TJ Maxx, which I very rarely do, and to my surprise there were lots of great finds. I probably could have spent twice as much as I did! I got a new purse, 2 pairs of shoes and 3 cute summer tops. Very exciting! Then I took a trip to the mall to return a couple of tops that I got at Ann Taylor Loft last weekend (yes, I know...shopping 2 weekends in a row is not the best idea when you want to save money, but I just couldn't help myself!). I exercised great self-restraint and didn't do anymore shopping while I was at the mall. When I got home, the hubby and I decided to go over to our friends Dave and Cammi's house to watch the Celtics game. We ordered Chinese, drank wine and watched the C's victory over the Bulls! Woo Hoo!

Sunday was a bit of a lazy day, but fun and filled with visits as well. After catching up on some DVR, I hit the home gym for my first Chalean Extreme workout and then was surprised with some visitors! Crystal and her daughter stopped over, and as always, it was great to catch up with them. Crystal and I looked through tons of old photos and talked about old times. It's so nice to walk down memory lane once in a while! Then, after Crystal left, we were graced with the presence of Sean, Lindsay (yes, the same two from Friday night) and Dave (not the Dave from Saturday night...apparently it was a popular name in the early 80's...we have 3 friends named Dave). More hockey and hanging out...always a fun time.

Now the weekend is over (boo!) and it's back to business. Happy first week of May!