Happy Memorial Day!

on Monday, May 25, 2009

How is everyone enjoying this amazingly beautiful day? My hubbs and I aren't :-( We are both sick! How lame is that? I was really hoping to feel better by the weekend, but that didn't really happen. I did manage to make an appearance at a G family BBQ on Saturday, my BFF Crystal's BBQ and Hubbs BFF Sergio's BBQ yesterday, but I was certainly not the life of the party. I was really hoping that today would be the magical day that I would feel great, but not so much. I am now thinking that I am just plain sick, and this feeling isn't so much related to my surgery. Who knows? Then to top it off, the poor hubbs woke up feeling like total crap today too. Aren't we a match made in heaven?



I did promise some updates of what has been going on with us lately, so here is a quickie:


  • We celebrated our 3 year anniversary in style by enjoying a uber-delicious dinner at Onyx Fusion in Springfield. Love you honey!


  • We had my mother, brother and my mom's man over for Mother's Day brunch. We ate, talked, laughed, reminisced, and truly enjoyed ourselves. I gave my mom 2 new charms for her Pandora bracelet...an angel and her birthstone. After brunch, we went to the local garden center and picked out some plants to spruce up the G household. Unfortunately, while planting hostas out front, my mother took a bad step and sprained her ankle :-( We rushed her off to the emergency room and were fortunate to be out of the hospital in less than 1.5 hours. Poor mumma...she comes over for a nice Mother's Day and we sent her home injured. She was such a good sport about it. In all the commotion, I forgot to take a picture of everyone, but I did snap a few of the plants. J's parents also came over for dinner that day and we BBQ'd.




  • Weddings galore! We recently went to a Jack and Jill (fun, but I was totally bummed that we didn't win anything at the raffle and J's friend Sean won not one but two prizes!!!). Then, not one but two of our friends got engaged last week! Crazy!!! One of them is J's best friend, and J is so excited to be in his first wedding (besides ours, of course!). We've got a wedding this coming Saturday (we were actually invited to 2 that day, but alas we cannot be in 2 places at once), one in June, one in September and one in October. Oh boy...it's going to be a busy 2009!

  • Prom!!! My little bro had his Senior Prom last weekend, and since my mom was in Nashville for work, I had to fill in and be on picture duty. I can't believe my little bug! Isn't he so handsome!?!? They were so fun and totally indulged my crazy demands for every prom pose imaginable (and some others too!). I also snagged an awesome bouquet of lilacs from my mom's yard. They filled the house with the most amazing fragrance for days!


  • Work. Back to work for me tomorrow. This past week has been no vacation, I am still feeling yucky, and now I've got to get caught up from missing a week. Should be fun...NOT! At least it's only a 4 day week.

Well, I think that's about it for now. I am too zonked to think of anything else anyway. I am going to drag myself through finishing my chores and try to get some rest. I hope everyone had a great long weekend and is kicking off summer in style!