Wedding Season Begins!

on Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Whew! Ready or not, the busy summer season has officially kicked off! This past weekend was an action-packed, fun-filled couple of days! Before I get into the details, I just want to say thank you for all the well wishes from my surgery. I am happy to report that I am on the mend, and although I am still not 100% (I'd say maybe 80%), I am definitely feeling MUCH better than I was a week ago and each day seems to get a little better. I have to admit, I have been really surprised by how tough recovery has been and I feel like I either underestimated the seriousness of the surgery or overestimated my toughness :-) Either way, thanks for the love my blog readers! Your kind words mean a lot. Now, back to it...

Saturday was both productive and fun. After sleeping in a little (well, just until 8:30), I got right to business by cleaning the house from top to bottom, completing 4 loads of laundry, prepping the guest room for my sister-in-law Kim and her boyfriend John (who actually didn't even end up staying over!), taking Ms. Bailey to the park to play for a while, watering all of my outdoor plants, running errands to CVS, the bank and the car wash, ironing John's suit and shirt and then getting ready for a wedding all before my beloved husband got home from work. We then headed to Connecticut to attend the wedding of my hubby's cousin Frank to his adorable fiancée Amanda. The ceremony was very touching and we were thrilled to watch Frank and Amanda become husband and wife. We then headed to the reception location and enjoyed delicious food and beverage and I danced my little heart out (as usual). We didn't get home until after 1:00 and, needless to say, we were exhausted!

Sunday was a lot more relaxed, but fun nonetheless. After sleeping in to recover from the prior night's festivities, John and I decided to go out for breakfast instead of cook at home, and then Kim, John and their dog Bua came over and we took the dogs for a nice long hike and swim (the dogs swam, not us!). Bailey and Bua loved it and were very happy (and tired) dogs when we were finished. After Kim, John and Bua said their goodbyes and headed back to their home in Vermont, I did a little relaxing while my darling did a little work. That evening, after having dinner, we went out for soft serve (so bad, but so very good!) and watched a movie to wind down from the hectic weekend.

I guess I should get used to the madness, because this summer is shaping up to be quite busy! The next few events include a friend's 30th birthday bash, my brother's high school graduation next week, his graduation party next weekend, and then a wedding, another visit from my SIL Kim and Father's Day all the following weekend. Eek! I guess we just need to prepare ourselves for the events we have coming up and take full advantage of the free time we do have. I already have several "excursions" I would like to take this summer, including trying out some new hiking and biking trails, trips to the beach and even some rock climbing! The summer goes by so quickly, so I am bound and determined to really make it count this year!

Happy June to everyone! Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure!

Frank and Amanda - the newlyweds!


The best sister-in-law ever, Kim, and her man, John

And, finally...me and the love of my life!