The Perfect Summer Weekend!

on Sunday, June 7, 2009

I just don't know how it could have gotten any better (and it's still not over!!!).

Friday evenings are usually spent at home for us, but this Friday we decided to take advantage of Northampton's Restaurant Week. 15 restaurants offering 3 course meals for $20.09! We've gone every year for the past 4 years with my Dad, and this year was no exception. We decided to hit up Caminito Argentina Steakhouse - somewhere the 3 of us have never been. We sat al fresco, enjoyed a pitcher of sangria (yummmmm) and a DELICIOUS steak dinner. Filet has never tasted so good! All in all, a fantastic experience and I would definitely recommend it to any steak lover out there. I really don't eat much red meat (usually just a couple of times per month, if that), but it was a nice treat and I definitely enjoyed. After dinner, we decided to make an appearance at "The Still" - my darling husband's best friend's bar (did you get all that?!?). We enjoyed a cocktail, played some Buckhunter and called it a night at a decent hour.

Saturday was fantastico!!! I woke up around 8:00, had breakfast and then got going. I took my beloved Bailey for a wonderful 1.5 hour hike and swim (her, not me). She was in doggie heaven and I got a little exercise to boot. The perfect weather didn't hurt either. Can I just say how much I love being outdoors?!? It gives me such a warm, happy feeling inside when I am out enjoying the wonders of nature. But, I digress. After the hike, I hit the home gym...the first time in 3 weeks (more on that later). After my workout, I hit the shower and got beautied up for the day. After an annoying trip to Walmart to make an exchange for my hubby, I met up with my darling (he worked all morning). With it being such an amazing day, we decided to finally dust off the bikes for our inaugural ride this year. After pumping up the tires, we enjoyed a 12 mile ride through some of the more rural areas in our town and then next one over. We just rode and chatted and enjoyed the beauty that is summertime in New England. Ahhh! So great! We then decided that it was a night to be spent on the patio enjoying margaritas, so we went to get the fixings and then enjoyed the fruits of our labor! We built a fire in our fire pit once the sun went down and spent the evening discussing life, love and everything else on our minds. It's funny...you'd think we'd run out of things to talk about, but we never do. We always have the best conversations!

Now, today is off to great start too. After getting up at 7:00 to fit in my workout, I met up with my Dad to play some tennis. After hitting for about 1.5 hours, we called it quits. Now, I am home just eating some lunch and hitting up the ole blog before heading out again. I am about to take Ms. Bail to the park for some exercise, and then J and I will be heading to a friend's 30th birthday party at a local lake. Should be fun!!!

I hope everyone is enjoying the amazing weather and taking advantage of this wonderful summer weekend! Don't let it pass you by!!!