An Update (While there is time!)

on Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What a flippin' busy week! Work, shmurk...you've heard it a million times. But on top of that, I've been busy outside of work too.


Monday after work, I stopped at this new store in town called "Steals & Deals" to satisfy my curiosity. Interesting...some good stuff, some not so good stuff...but I walked out with the most delicious smelling lavender all natural shampoo and conditioner for $0.99 a piece. Score! I will definitely go back for beauty products...they had stuff there for $2 or $3 that I've seen in regular stores for like $20. Nice ;-) After my bargain, I went and did the dreaded weekly grocery shopping, and then on a whim, I decided to hit up the library on the way home. I really love our city's library and I definitely don't go as much as I should. I haven't picked up a book since my Twilight obsession a few months ago, so I thought it was time. I got "Love the One You're With" by Emily Giffin. I've read her books "Something Borrowed" and "Something Blue" and liked both, so I figured I'd give it a shot. We'll see! But, I could not start reading my book that night because I had to watch the season premiere of "True Blood". Ahhhh, and so the vampire obsession continues! Love it! And now that I just found out that the main characters Sookie and Vampire Bill are a couple in real life, I love it even more! Then, of course, I had to get my weekly dose of The Bachelorette. I'm such a sucker for cheesy TV. I think I'm the only one that still watches this show, but I just can't help myself.


Yesterday after work I hit up Macy's because I've got a gift card burning a hole in my pocket, but sadly was unable to find anything I loved. Don't feel bad for me though...I stopped at CVS on a whim on my way home and scored new mascara and lipstick (which I totally love...a rarity for me!) for buy one get one! Am I a bargain scorer or what?!?


Anywho...I need to get my buns off the computer and cook some dinner, but I figured I'd post while I have the time. We've got a wedding to go to on Friday, my sister-in-law is coming into town on Saturday, and then we've got my dad and sister coming over on Sunday for BBQ and cake to celebrate Father's Day and my sister's 20th birthday. Whew...I'm zonked just thinking about all this, especially considering the busiest summer ever continues for the next 4 weekends (I'll fill you in soon...promise!). Toodles!