A New Plan

on Monday, June 8, 2009

I am sure you are more than sick of hearing about all of my workout woes and my constantly changing exercise plans, but since fitness is such a big part of my life, I feel the need to blog about my workout tales, and I've got another to discuss.

You may remember me blogging about starting the "Chalean Extreme" workout program. Well, life (as usual) has not gone as planned since then, and as such, I've had to change my plans as well. I thought surgery was only going to take me out of the game for 1 week, but it ended up being 3! I had to put my health first, and even though I felt like a big blob during my hiatus, I needed the time off to heal. Now that I am ready to get back into the swing of things (and feeling MUCH better), I realized that my 12 week program just wasn't going to cut it. Summer is HERE! I need results NOW! So, I've decided to do the 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels and then restart Chalean after. That way, I'll get quick results now and then continue to build upon them with a longer program later. You think it will work? I certainly hope so.

Today was the 3rd day of the shred, and even though it's a short workout, it packs a punch! My muscles are definitely sore, but I am not letting that stop me! And, on top of shredding, I plan to incorporate cardio everyday to maximize results. My hope is that by the end of the month, I will be back into prime shape and rocking my summer attire!

I need y'all to keep me accountable, so I'll be blogging about my experience and I'll keep you posted on my progress!