Monday Miscellany

on Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy 2009 y'all! I am so excited for the New Year and I am glad to be getting back to normal life today after several weeks of parties, eating, drinking, time off and all the out of the ordinary stuff that the holidays bring. I feel like I can finally start putting my "master plan" into action! Okay...maybe that's taking it a little too far, but I definitely do have definitive, concrete things that I want to...no, things that I will do this year in order to live my best life.

Many of these definitive, concrete things were included in my New Year's resolutions. I didn't reveal my New Year's goals, but said that many would probably be revealed through the blog as time progresses. Well, today I am happy to report that I've already made progress on one of them. My goal was to finally take a yoga class (something that I've been talking about doing for over 2 years!). As of this morning, I am officially enrolled in an 8-week "Yoga for Beginners" class that begins this Saturday. I am so excited I can's stand it. It feels so good to know that I am finally taking action on something that I've wanted to do for so long. Maybe I'll love it, maybe I won't (although I seriously doubt that), but at least I'm doing it! I am also excited that John will be taking the class with me.

This past weekend (which for me was 5 days!) was really wonderful and relaxing! It felt like I had 5 weeks off, not 5 days, which is usually not the case. My time off usually flies by way too quick. After hosting New Year's Eve at our house (just for one other couple), we took New Year's Day to relax and recover. On Friday evening, we went over to Steph and Andy's house for apps, wine and great conversation! There was certainly was no shortage of things to talk about, with Steph and Andy having just gotten married 6 days before (in an immediate family only ceremony) and expecting their baby boy any day now (literally...Steph is due on Wednesday!). It was so great to see them...they are dear friends and they are about to get very busy with the new baby, so it was good to squeeze in some last minute pre-baby quality time. On Saturday, the whole computer disaster occurred (see below), so much of the day was spent at home dealing with that. We did manage to get a little fun time in in the evening though...we watched football (boo for the Pats not being in the playoffs!) and had some yummy wine. Finally, on Sunday, I spent the afternoon with my best friend Crystal and her 4-year-old daughter Lily at the Yankee Candle flagship store (such a fun place and I got some great deals!) and then an evening at home with the hubby, watching football yet again. It's a good thing that I like football!

I do have some Christmas and New Year's pictures to share, but am delayed in doing so because my beloved husband managed to erase ALL of the pictures stored on our computer (along with every other file on it). Yes, that's right folks, he completely erased our hard drive. Fortunately I had many of the pictures stored in web albums and some of the newer ones are still on my camera, so I haven't lost everything, but there are certainly many pictures that I will never get back. But, I can't be upset with him, as it was an accident and he certainly lost a lot more than I did (including sleep!). I am happy to report, though, that after many hours spent this past weekend, he is back on track and he luckily had his critical files saved on a flash drive. Lessons learned for me...(1) save all pictures to web albums, (2) print pictures I actually want to keep, and (3) invest in a flash drive to save all of MY files on.

Well, that's about all from me today. I've got to get things here at work wrapped up so I can go home for the evening...I've got a very long to-do list to tackle! Happy first Monday of the year! I hope your's was as productive as mine!