Organization Shmorganization

on Monday, January 12, 2009

I don't know what has possessed me lately, but I can't stop organizing! Organizing wasn't even one of my New Year's resolutions/goals, but maybe it should have been, because I am on fire! Seriously...in the past few weeks alone, I have cleaned out and reorganized (with new containers and all, compliments of the dollar store) the linen closet, totally reorganized the kitchen cabinets (with much assistance from the hubby, as it was his idea), cleaned out and organized my bedside nightstand (which you could barely open and close the drawers on account of how full and messy they were), completely revamped and organized my bookshelf with funky storage boxes and magazine holders from Staples, went through all of my old printed photos and threw out those that I really didn't care to keep (and I am now developing a plan to organize the keepers in chronological order in photo albums), went through every card and letter I've received over the past six years and kept only those that had special meaning, and most recently, I completely cleaned out my desk at work. We're talking gone through every file, reorganized, labeled, etc... If it has to do with organization, I did it! I am generally an organized person (although I occasionally let some things go, like said nightstand) but I am seriously taking it to a whole new level! It feels so refreshing to have everything so clean and so organized!

Today I am thankful for the motivation inside me that has allowed me to clean out and organize the clutter in my life. Simplicity is divine!