Friday Ramblings

on Friday, December 18, 2009

This week has seriously gone by so slowly.  I am ready for the weekend, people!!!  So, in my effort to avoid doing anymore work and make the weekend come quicker, I thought I'd blog about whatever comes to mind.
  • Remember my rant about 2009 being the worst year ever?  Well, I have even more proof that this is a true statement.  Including my boss, there are 7 people on my team at work.  3 of my teammates had a death in the family this week.  Yes, 3 of them.  Tonight I am going to a wake for one of them :-(  In addition, I've heard of 3 other people in my department at work that have experienced the death of an immediate family member within the past 2 weeks.  Is this seriously not the worst thing you've heard in a long time?  2009 needs to get it's behind out of here!
  • On a much lighter note, our trip south is going to be quite an extravaganza!  In addition to spending quality time in our beloved city-away-from-home, Sarasota, we have booked our tickets to spend 2 days in Key West.  In case my constant talking about my trip didn't give it away, I just want y'all to know that I absolutely cannot wait to go!
  • I totally snagged the deal of the century on the last Christmas gift I had to buy.  I've been stalking the Internet since the day after Thanksgiving for a good deal on a pair of Chippewa Boots for my little brother.  Leave it up to him to pick a pair of $180 boots as his one and only item on his Christmas gift list.  Anyway, after weeks of coming up empty (best deal I found was $145 before taxes), I found a coupon yesterday that got me those babies for $79!!!  In case you aren't good at math, that's a $100 savings!  So, in addition to getting an awesome deal, I can now say that absolutely all of my Christmas shopping is done!
  • Christmas is in full swing this weekend...a party tonight and a party tomorrow night.  In addition, we have to pay a visit to my father this weekend for a slightly belated birthday celebration.  BTW, Happy Birthday Daddy-O!
  • I had a slight freak out the other week because I found a small lump on Bailey's side.  Naturally, as any devoted dog mom would do, I rushed her to the vet to have it checked out.  We found out that she has a Lypoma, a harmless fat deposit that Labs are known for.  Thank goodness nothing is wrong with my chocolate baby!
  • There is nothing better in this world than heated seats in the winter.  Every day when I drive to and from work I wonder how I ever lived without them.

Well, I think that's enough rambling for one afternoon.  Have a great weekend!