Product Rave!

on Monday, December 14, 2009

Normally I don't get sucked into buying products that are pushed on TV shows that I watch, but I recently made an exception that I just had to share.  The makeup artist Carmindy on the show "What Not To Wear" came out with her own makeup line a year or two ago.  I saw it in CVS but never thought twice about it.  That was until recently when I was in the market for a new foundation. 
 
Over the past year or so, I've started to wear foundation on a regular basis but haven't really been able to find one that I love.  My experiments in foundation wearing have ranged from the pricey stuff at Sephora to the cheapie stuff at the drugstore, but I just couldn't find one that I really liked.  Well, the combination of some CVS extra bucks and a recent viewing of WNTW gave me the push to go ahead and give the Carmindy line a try.  And boy am I glad I did!
 
In addition to her awesome foundation, which is light, glides on so smoothly, covers evenly, looks natural and feels fantastic, I am also the proud owner/user of her luminizing primer (which feels greasy at first application, but within seconds dries to a silky, skin-glowing finish), eyeshadow primer (keeps my eyeshadow put all day long), translucent loose powder (keeps my skin looking fresh and oil at bay), bronzer (I got the "Spring" shade and it works perfect on my fair skin) and lipstick (so creamy and not drying)!  And I am itching to go back and purchase her concealer, eyeshadow, mascara and blush (which just might happen tonight!).  I honestly love every product I've used.  And, as if all this isn't enough, in addition to being super affordable, they are also super good for your skin.  They are filled with all sort of skin enhancing goodies and all her products are paraben free! 
 
I've never used a line of makeup where I've loved every product I've tried...until now!  I'm sure the products wouldn't work on every one's skin tone, type or texture, but they've done wonders for me and I'm a total and complete convert.  If my CVS stops selling them, I would most certainly cry :-)  Carmindy -- Girl, you rock!