Keeps Getting Better

on Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I am happy to report that my mood/general outlook on life is on the upswing!  I guess we all get down and out sometimes and feel like life is "handing us lemons".  Although I am generally a very positive and upbeat person, I get frustrated with the universe sometimes -- just like every other person out there.  But, in true yin and yang fashion, just when I am feeling bummed out, I am reminded of all of the awesome things in my life I have to be thankful for.  Right now I am totally pumped about:
  • Our trip to Sarasota is ON!  Our tickets are booked and in just a few short weeks, I will be back in paradise with my wonderful husband soaking up all the good things life has to offer (like sun and non-freezing temperatures).
  • We spent the weekend getting in the Christmas spirit and I am happy to report that our house is beautifully decorated (J describes it as "extra festive"), our Christmas shopping is DONE, and after laboring for nearly 4 hours on Sunday, all of our Christmas gifts are wrapped and under the tree (that we actually cut down ourselves!).
  • We've also designed and ordered our Christmas cards...and got 50 of them for free!  We only had to pay for 25, so it ended up costing us a whopping $13!  We've also prepared address labels for everyone we are sending them to, so once the cards arrive, all we have to do is stick the labes and stamps on and they're out the door.  Another Bailey picture is gracing the G family card this year because, let's face it, who wants to see a pic of J and I when they can see Ms. B?!?
  • On a whim, we called Comcast this weekend to inquire about activating Showtime and wouldn't you know it...there was a special running!  Needless to say, it has been activated and my Dexter addiction is in high gear.  I loves me some Dex, baby!
  • My new camera rocks my photo-loving world.  I still don't have any clue how to use it but the pictures that I have already taken with it put my point and shoot pictures to shame.  I can't wait to use that baby in Sarasota...it's gonna be awesome!
See...sometimes focusing on the little joys of life makes all the difference.